To prepare Pasadena Unified high school students to excel in college and life, graduation requirements have changed and now include a senior year portfolio and 40 hours of community service or work-based learning.
Beginning with the class of 2019, all PUSD students must complete three requirements to graduate with a high school diploma:
1. 220 credits of coursework
2. 40 hours of community service or work-based learning
3. A graduate portfolio and defense
PUSD’s Parent University is offering informational sessions:
- Friday, Feb. 24, 10-11:30 a.m., Pasadena High School, 2925 E. Sierra Madre Blvd.
- Monday, Feb. 27, 6:30–8 p.m., Pasadena High School
- Thursday, March 9, 6-7:30 p.m., Marshall Fundamental
Secondary School, 990 N. Allen Ave.
- Wednesday, March 15, 6-7:30 p.m., John Muir High School, 1905 N. Lincoln Ave.
- Monday, April 24, 6-7:30 p.m., Blair School, 1201 S. Marengo Ave.