The Pasadena Arts League recently held its annual meeting at the home of Richard and Susan Feinberg. Attending the Garden Party were Pasadena Arts League members and their grant awardees. This year, 10 area arts organizations were awarded grants. B.J. Ledyard, PAL grant chair, announced the winners and distributed checks to the following organizations:
• L.A. County Arboretum and Botanic Garden: for its Crescent Farm Mosaic Community Days workshops in Pasadena.
• Armory Center for the Arts: to fund its Community Pathways Initiative for Arts Education.
• Hollywood Heart: for art workshops with the foster children at Hillsides.
• Light Bringer Project: to fund supplies for its “Room 13” program at five PUSD schools.
• Lineage Performing Arts: for a program for stroke patients called “Plug in for Joy.”
• Los Angeles Children’s Chorus: for financial assistance to underserved children so they can participate in the L.A. Children’s Chorus.
• Makoto Taiko: to bring the Taiko drummers to Pasadena Arts Night.
• Oakwood Brass: to help fund a program to give group lessons to elementary schoolchildren in PUSD.
• Pasadena Conservatory of Music: for financial aid for their outreach programs.
• Pasadena Arts Foundation: to fund summer scholarships for band youth.
By inviting these grantees to the garden party to pick up their checks, Ledyard said “PAL hopes to facilitate networking and perhaps collaboration between the various art organizations, by introducing them to each other.”
PAL officers for 2018-19 are Dick Feinberg, president; Dottie Juett, assistant to the president; Diana de Noyelles, recording secretary; Ken Veronda, corresponding secretary; and Dave Mitchell, treasurer. Also serving on the board are Ken Brown, Galean Burgess, Tom Fauble, Gage Hewes, Ledyard, Bob Lord and Larry Manners.
In addition to providing grants to San Gabriel Valley arts organizations, the PAL board also plans art-related activities for its members. These often include exclusive tours of artist studios, galleries, museums and private art collections plus musical and theater events.
For more information, visit pasadenaartsleague.org or email email@example.com.