Man Suspected in Gunfire at Hotel to Be Arraigned in May

A Glendale man suspected of firing several gunshots inside a local hotel will be arraigned in Los Angeles Superior Court in May, according to arresting officials.
Meanwhile, the Glendale Police Department is not releasing any additional information regarding the man’s Nov. 15 arrest, which occurred after he allegedly fired numerous shots into an empty room at the Glenmark Hotel at about 7 a.m. that day and fled in a vehicle that careened into a nearby business. GPD Sgt. Christian Hauptmann said the suspect will be arraigned in the spring, possibly on a charge of illegal discharge of a firearm. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused delays in court proceedings.

Police arrested 25-year-old Vardges Petrosyan without incident last month after his vehicle collided with a building at Brand Boulevard and East Mountain Street. According to Hauptmann, the man was driving the same vehicle seen leaving the parking lot at the Glenmark after multiple gunshots were fired on the fourth floor of the hotel.
Surveillance footage in the hotel located at Brand and Dryden Street showed a man firing a handgun several times into a vacant room and at the floor before fleeing downstairs and into the vehicle, police said. Spent shell casings were recovered at the scene and investigating officers noted a shattered glass door and a bullet hole.
None of the bullets struck people. Officers located and arrested Petrosyan shortly after he allegedly ran from his crashed vehicle. He was treated at a hospital for injuries sustained in the crash and released with a notice to appear in court.
Hauptmann said Petrosyan has been arrested several times by the GPD, though a spokesman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office said that agency had brought only two cases involving the man. Petrosyan pleaded no contest to charges of receiving stolen property that stemmed from a 2015 arrest and was sentenced to three years of probation, and a case that arose from a 2013 arrest for alleged DUI was dropped due to insufficient evidence, said D.A.’s spokesman Richard Santiago.

Leave a Reply