The Los Angeles County district attorney’s office is still considering its options regarding a San Marino High School student who allegedly sent a message that appeared to threaten a peer, prompting a precautionary campus lockdown early last week. A local police official believes the text was not to be taken seriously. Continue reading “Officials Look at Improving Procedure After Lockdown”
San Marino High School was placed on lockdown for several hours Monday and local authorities arrested a teenage boy for allegedly texting a threat that was viewed by FBI investigators, who relayed the information to city police — setting off the tense response on campus.
Authorities said the suspect was arrested at his home around 9 a.m. on suspicion of criminal threats and destruction of evidence after San Marino officers interviewed him as well as the SMHS student who apparently was targeted by the alleged threat. The teen was released to his family Monday afternoon, and awaits a court appearance with location and date to be determined by the L.A. County district attorney’s office’s juvenile division.
Police Chief John Incontro said he planned to seek a search warrant for the suspect’s cellphone and its contents. Continue reading “Alleged Threat Leads to SMHS Lockdown, Youth’s Arrest”